When you suffer from a chronic illness or disability, it is essential to possess a sense of humour. It makes everything easier, less heavy, less serious, even if the issues themselves are just that. Heck, if you can’t have a good chuckle about incontinence pads then what is the point? To that end, here is my homage to my particular set of circumstances, even though I don’t think that Daleks don’t really know what incontinence knickers look like. Ten reasons why my diagnosis should in fact be, Dalek.
- I can’t go up stairs (I’m an old Dalek, not the new flying ones)
- I have been known to wield a plunger in a terrifying manner
- I regularly chase The Doctor
- There are many things I would like to ‘Exterminate’
- The Doctor often runs away when he sees me coming
- I repeat myself alot
- I have a very fixed agenda and chase people till they listen, or go up some stairs
- I often visit The Doctor at very inconvenient times
- Many small children are afraid of me
- People often point and or/stare when they see me coming
There you have it. I do believe this points cannot be disputed at any level.
If you were a fictional character, what would it be any why?
If you do have a chronic illness, what would your superhero name be?
What things make you giggle like nothing else?